Saturday, August 29, 2009

His Goal? To Kill An Even 50 Women

BUTCHER
Author Gary C. King
Publisher Pinnacle

HIS GOAL: TO KILL AN "EVEN FIFTY"
They called him "Uncle Willie." At night, Robert "Willie" Pickton visited the streets of Vancouver's Downtown Eastside. The women he picked up never came back...


Count me among the many fans of Gary C. King. As an author, he meticulously researches the crimes he covers. I know that when I pick up one of his books, I will read more details than I will get anywhere else about the story. If you are a true crime junkie like me, you want to understand what the killer was thinking, and what makes him or her behave the way they do. Not that knowing the background of the killer gives him any excuse, of course; but as a student of psychology, I find it truly fascinating.

At any given time in the country, it is believed that there are numerous serial killers at work, many unknown, their crimes yet connected or possibly discovered. The tale of "Butcher" illustrates this point well. The crimes had been occuring for years, and while police felt sure that they were connected, it took quite a while for it all to come together.

King makes a point of including much information about the actual court case, photos, transcripts, etc. I feel that I have personally been in court for the cases he covers, and I can always count on one of his books to be the most thorough and detailed for information on the crime. I heartily recommend you add him to your must read list if you appreciate detail and in depth study of the criminal mind, law enforcement techniques, and victimology.

No comments:

Post a Comment