Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Go To Guide for Metapsychology

Beyond Psychology: An Introduction to Metapsychology, 3rd Edition
Author Frank A. Gerbode
Publisher Inst for Research in Metapsychology


In reading this book, I discovered a true gem. I have done extensive research and study in metapsyhics and metapsychology. I believe this to be the absolute best foundation for the study of metapyschology I have ever read. I sincerely wish it had been available to me many years ago. There were certain aspects of the study that always seemed confusing to me, and I spent much time trying to grasp a better understanding.

Frank A. Gerbode has amassed a truly excellent and workable knowledge of the subject. It is offered in easy to comprehend, extremely readable style. The appendix, glossary and other additional information were stellar.

I have long believed that the practice of psychology was incomplete, in that it did not accurately take into account a person's life history and frame of reference for making personal decisions. The practice of metapsychology leads the practioner to use the personal frame of reference, history, experience and belief system of the individual client. Anyone with an interest in the study of psychology, or just in better understanding their loved ones' decision making processes, would find much helpful information here. I will definitely be using this book again and again in research and review.

Well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment