Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Carry This Book Everywhere You Go...

A Perfect Book to Carry With You...., February 10, 2010


Short, Shorter and Shorter Stories
For People Who Have To Wait
Author: Chuck McCann
Publisher: Nitengale Press
ISBN: 1-933449-01-2

No one enjoys all that wasted, lost time we have to deal with....long lines waiting at the bank or grocery store, waiting for the receptionist to call your name for your appointment, waiting for the kids in the school parking lot (I think I spent some of the best years of my life sitting in the car, waiting on the kids....)the list goes on, and on and on... Chuck McCann understands your pain. His solution? He wrote a series of books for people like us, the ones who are mighty sick of wasting all that valuable reading time! He's written a group of highly entertaining and eclectic short stories. Some will take a couple of minutes to read, some take longer.

Every type of story imaginable is represented here. Be it mystery, drama, romantic, thought-provoking or just laugh out loud funny. The timeframe for these stories ranges from present day back to the Salem Witch Trials, and further on back to the time of the ancient Romans. My personal favorites? Kind of hard to decide, but I think it's the group of stories about Benjamin, the unluckiest criminal you will ever encounter. I know people looked at me strangely as I laughed aloud and giggled quietly while reading.

Carry this book with you. It would fit in your briefcase, your backpack, and even a purse, if you carry a big one. If your purse is small, leave some of that junk at home and cram this book in anyway. You will be so glad you did! I look forward to reading the rest of these books. They almost make those long irritating waits bearable. And for that, I sincerely thank Chuck McCann.

No comments:

Post a Comment